Southwest Sciences provides excellence in basic and applied research in the physical sciences. We develop innovative technologies from proof of concept through manufacturing prototype. Products are commercialized via small scale manufacturing or strategic business partnerships and licensing.
Our competitive edge derives from a highly experienced and diverse research staff. Seventy five percent of our employees have doctorates in chemistry, physics, materials science, electrical or mechanical engineering. Expertise in optical, mechanical and electronics design support rapid and efficient prototyping of scientific instrumentation.
At Southwest Sciences, we specialize in developing technology for:
• Planetary and Space Sciences
• Combustion and Fire Detection
• Medical Diagnostics and Imaging
• Non-Destructive Materials Evaluation (NDE)
• Process Monitoring and Industrial Hygiene
• Electric and Magnetic Field Measurement
• Spectroscopy and Technique Development